A Young Loose Tongue

I had the opportunity to baptize a friend of mine during my senior year in high school. Prior to her baptism into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, my friend was a Catholic. After my friend's conversion she was invited to answer questions about her new faith at a Catholic Private High School in front of the religion teacher and the school's students. My friend called me up the night before terrified! She had only been a member of the LDS faith for a couple of weeks- how was she supposed to answer questions about her faith in front of an audience that included a Catholic Religion Teacher? She asked me to go with her, so I agreed to ditch school, and go with her the next day. We met early in the morning in our high school's parking lot, and we traveled over to the Catholic High School. We arrived to the room where the question and answer session would take place, and we took our seats in front of the student body and the School's Religion teacher.
For over an hour we answered their questions about our faith and bore testimony of the witnesses that came to us from God regarding our religion. following the question and answer session, the Religion Teacher said that our presentation was more informative than the last presentation that she had seen on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and one of the students agreed to be taught by the missionaries. I marvel that God will never leave His servants without a voice if they will LOOSE THEIR TONGUES. Furthermore, it is important to realize that we can change the world NOW as youth. We do not need to be apostles or adults to have fabulous experiences in the name of Christ. Rise up millenials and make a difference now!

Comments