Their three cups of tea, and my juice

During my first week working in Middle East, my wife and I met a Sheikh outside of a falafel shop. After five minutes of conversation, they Sheikh invited us to take a tour of his Mosque and to have a meal at his home. My wife and I graciously accepted the invitation.

We entered into his car, and his driver took us to the Sheikh’s mosque. When we arrived to the mosque, we were taught about the significance of the structure and about the Muslim practice of prayer.

After the tour, we went back to the Sheikh’s home to have a small meal. My wife sat with the women, and I sat with the Sheikh and four other Muslims. They began to sip their tea, and I enjoyed some juice. While we ate, the Sheikh began to lecture about God, Muhammad, and Islam. After a thirty-minute lecture, the Sheikh turned to me and said, “Ryan! Tell us about the Mormons!”

I was stunned! I was in the Middle East, it was midnight, and I was just asked to explain my religion in Arabic. I explained the basic principles of my religion, and then I was asked why God would restore a Christian religion if there were already Christian religions? I explained that evil men had corrupted Christianity, and God saw a need to restore His true religion through a Prophet.

They were very grateful for the understanding that I was able to offer them concerning my religion, and I was grateful for their hospitality. It was a special moment where I felt like an ambassador of my Lord.

Comments

  1. Dude, that is epic! What awesome experiences you're having Coles! Happiness brother!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment